Turn Thin Sour Kefir into a Thick & Creamy Probiotic Powerhouse!
Spring is turning into Summer, everything feels fresh and alive! So is your cultures, they are more energized and lively as the season becomes Summer.
Because of the warmer temperatures Milk Kefir Grains multiply quicker and work faster by consuming the lactose in the milk at a speedier pace and if you are not quick about it you’ll realise when it’s too late and your Milk Kefir will have separated into Curds (on top) and whey (at the bottom). OR sometimes it happens that people simply think that their grains are incapable of making a thick creamy Kefir. Here’s something that not everybody knows: Thin Kefir is mostly the result of over fermenting.
Thin or separated Kefir is not the end of the world and there is nothing wrong with your Kefir Grains, please don’t throw them out!
You can make your separated thin & clumpy Kefir Creamy & Tasty, here’s how:
- Separate your Kefir grains from the Kefir,
- Shake or blend your kefir up to dissolve the clumps.
- Give the probitoics in the readymade Kefir something to eat, something like pieces of fruit or fresh milk
- Refrigerate for 4-6 or overnight in fridge and Enjoy!
For Next Time:
- Shorten fermentation time if you left your kefir for longer than 48 hours.
- Adjust your kefir Grain to milk Ratio by adding more milk OR Reduce your kefir grains by giving some to friends or by dehydrating some for backup.
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions and if you would like to try out my kefir grains you can get them here: I want Milk Kefir Grains