This is a delicious Kefir Ice Cream Recipe that is definitely worth sharing.
The first time I made Kefir Ice Cream I made it in a shallow bowl but this time, for the life of me, decided to make it in a deeper dish and it is definitely not advisable because it takes longer, MUCH longer, so in this case shallow is better and easier.
I like experimenting and I’ve had a couple of my recipes that turned out too sour, too this or too that, yup, the dreadful you-are-the-only-one-in-the-house-end-up-eating-it recipes! BUT it’s not all in vain because it brought me closer to this wonderful recipe that actually got a great rating from my Finicky Food Critics (FFC approved!), subconscious head nod and all 🙂 .. Makes me so happy!
If you don’t have Kefir Cream Cheese on hand, here’s a link on how to make Kefir Cream Cheese HERE.
Did I mention that:
You don’t need an Ice Cream Machine to make this!
- 1 cup soaked Almonds (or any other nut)
- ½ cup of Kefir Cheese
- ½ cup of kefir
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- ¼ cup honey (optional)
- 7 Bananas / 2.5 - 3 cups
- Let the Almonds (or other nuts) Soak in water overnight
- Drain the water in the morning
- Pour your Kefir, Kefir Cream Cheese, Coconut Milk and honey into the food processor.
- Add the Almonds and pulse till chopped.
- Add the frozen bananas and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour your Ice Cream into food grade, freezer safe shallow container to minimize freezer time.
- Leave the Ice Cream in the fridge for 15-25 minutes, remove it and stir it to break the ice crystals for a smoother consistency.
- Put the Ice Cream back into the fridge for another 15-25 minutes and stir again, do this for the next 2-4 hours.
You can omit the Coconut Cream and use 1 Cup Kefir Cream Cheese to 1 Cup Kefir if you are use to the Tanginess of Kefir.