You are going to be so surprised at how easy it is to make Whey & Kefir Cream Cheese!
Kefir Cream Cheese can be flavoured with herbs and spices to make it more flavourful to use as a bread spread or on crackers making it look tasty and beautiful with the specks of herbs breaking the creamy white texture.
You can also use Plain Kefir Cream Cheese to make your own home made Kefir Ice Cream- without a machine.
“Kefir is so amazing, it makes my life rich and delicious on a shoestring budget.”
If you have a look at the picture below and you will see that the Cheese will form in the coffee filter and the whey will be the yellow to white liquid that drips from the Coffee Filter into the Glass bowl. Whey is useful for making lacto fermented or cultured vegetables or can be added to smoothies for added Goodness.
Let’s get to making Kefir Cream Cheese!
- Kefir that has been kefiring for 24 hours.
- Put your Strainer over your glass bowl (or food grade plastic)
- Line your strainer with the Coffee Filter
- Pour the kefir into the Coffee Filter - don't over fill because you don't want to mess when you move your bowl to the fridge.
- Move your kefir bowl, strainer and all to the fridge and leave it there for a day or two.
- Check in and dish the Kefir Cream Cheese into a small glass container with a lid if you're not going to use it immediately.
Here’s a short how to video:
(You may want to turn your volume down as it may be a little too loud at first.)