It’s Weekend & I have plenty over ripe bananas and I figure that it’s good enough reason to make a batch of Banana Kefir Plaatkoekies for breakfast! Plaatkoekies, at our house, doesn’t happen often but is a due treat every once in a while.
This is a old family recipe that I’ve tweaked a bit, I’ve found that the bananas add moisture and extra flovour to the Plaatkoekie.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Honey or other sweetener
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 Cup of Plain Kefir or yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil or Oil of choice
- 1 Large or 2 Small Mashed Bananas
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Mix egg, Milk kefir, oil, honey, & bananas in separate bowl
- Mix the Flour mixture into the banana mixture – the batter will look slightly lumpy
- Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat.
- Scoop tablespoons of batter onto the griddle
- You will see bubbles forming on batter and then you’ll know it’s time to flip your crumpets
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy!
I would love to hear from you, let me know how this turned out for you by leaving a comment below.
Join my facebook group and become part of the community
Be a social butterfly & Share!