Let’s take a moment and zoom in on CARROTS!
Good eyesight is normally one of the things that pop up when thinking of carrots. There is truth in what our parents used to tell us when we were young and that is that carrots do contribute to good eyesight, eye maintenance, and development.
If you are wondering how this works.
Carrots are stuffed with carotenes which are phytochemicals that convert to vitamin A. Phytochemicals are the chemicals that plants use to defend themselves against disease. Research has shown that these same chemicals can prove equally beneficial to the human body.
Aside from eyesight here’s more reasons why Vitamin A is so goooood:
- Vitamin A acts as an antioxidant (cleansing & repairing our cells) protecting our DNA from distortions that can lead to cancer.
- make our immune systems function normally and are therefore vital in protecting our bodies from infection. I’ve found these carrot facts here.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- enough carrots to fill your jar
- 500ml of water or 1 pint of water
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- see the instructions in the video below